[Bioc-devel] New Mac builder and availability of Mac binary packages

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@ @end|ng |rom |redhutch@org
Fri Apr 10 19:31:28 CEST 2020

Hi Peng,

You cannot "push" binaries. DeMixT has a compilation error (+ some
imporant warnings) that seem to be caused by the use of OpenMP in its C
code. Unfortunately, starting with R 4.0.0, R no longer supports OpenMP
on macOS.

You basically have 3 options, from best to worst:
   1. use conditionals to disable OpenMP on macOS;
   2. drop OpenMP completely (i.e. on all platforms);
   3. do nothing and we'll mark the package as unsupported on macOS.

Thanks,
H.