[Bioc-devel] regionReport error leads to ggbio & biovizBase issues, confusingly not on all OS though

Leonardo Collado Torres |co||@dotor @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Apr 10 02:59:25 CEST 2020

Thanks Michael!

I verified that building regionReport works with ggbio 1.35.2
https://github.com/tengfei/ggbio/commit/6bc94f45e6479b01287e25140821f239f1a7f92d
on linux OS and I updated the gist at
https://gist.github.com/lcolladotor/b7585962082263b377c02fa4451f27e6
with a file linux_regionReport_build_ggbio_1.35.2.txt that has all the
relevant output. I also added a
linux_reprex_derfinderPlot_output_ggbio_1.35.2.txt that shows the
issues with validObject(hg19IdeogramCyto) from biovizBase.

My guess is that the linux OS had ggbio 1.35.1 from
https://github.com/tengfei/ggbio/commit/e385a446fc8a255515fbaba818ae59ef240d494f
that is one commit prior to
https://github.com/tengfei/ggbio/commit/930e521bfe0967f5095583c69f655fa571e3fa42
which fixes this issue and was maybe the ggbio 1.35.1 version I
installed on my macOS. This makes sense to me (and I'll keep a mental
note to check commit history in the future when OS reports differ),
but if have other possible explanations for the OS discrepancies
please let me know.

Thanks again for the speedy fix!! =)

Best,
Leo