[Bioc-devel] Reference manual as HTML

Thu Sep 26 15:19:04 CEST 2019

    > Our recollection is that there is no 'flag' in R CMD build to create HTML rather than PDF vignettes; without that it would be non-trivial to create html output, e.g., links across pages. (I *think* the installed package html help pages are generated on the fly...)

Yes, by default.
But you may (or not) remember that for R itself, I (and my
university, ETH Zurich) have provided static HTML help pages and
manuals since "forever" -> https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/
and my cron job that creates (and daily updates) them "starts
with"

  ../R/configure --with-prebuilt-html

As it does provide static html help pages for all "base R" +
Recommended packages,

 see, e.g., https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-devel/doc/html/packages.html

it should not be hard to have it do the same for all other
packages in principle.

"The other R Core" Martin

Martin Maechler
ETH Zurich