[Bioc-devel] Duplicated method names in purrr and GenomicRanges

bioi@i m@iii@g oii posteo@de bioi@i m@iii@g oii posteo@de
Fri Sep 13 14:38:52 CEST 2019

Thank you for all of your answers. Michaels solution works fine for me.
I had to merge a list of data.frames. Used the solution in this thread here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8091303/simultaneously-merge-multiple-data-frames-in-a-list

Am 12.09.19 um 13:05 schrieb Michael Lawrence via Bioc-devel:
> Third option: use Reduce() from base instead of purr::reduce().
>
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 2:54 AM O'CALLAGHAN Alan
> <A.B.O'Callaghan using sms.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Two options.
>>
>> First option: import either purrr::reduce or GenomicRanges::reduce, and
>> call the other with [pkg]::reduce.
>>
>> Second option: remove the import for both of these. Use purrr::reduce
>> and GenomicRanges::reduce to call both functions.
>>
>> I think the second option leads to clearer code and would be my definite
>> preference.
>>

>> On 12/09/2019 10:07, bioinf using posteo.de wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I am developing a Bioconductor package and have a problem with two
>>> methods which have the same name. I am using the reduce() function
>>> from the R packages GenomicRanges and purrr. All methods from other
>>> packages are imported with @importFrom in all of my functions.
>>>

>>> During devtools::document() I get the following Warning:

>>> replacing previous import ‘GenomicRanges::reduce’ by ‘purrr::reduce’
>>> when loading ‘testPackage’

>>> Here are my NAMESPACE entries:
>>>
>>> # Generated by roxygen2: do not edit by hand
>>>
>>> export(mergeDataFrameList)
>>> export(reduceDummy)
>>> importFrom(GenomicRanges,GRanges)
>>> importFrom(GenomicRanges,reduce)