[Bioc-devel] 'tokay1' error but passed other OS

Kasper Daniel Hansen k@@perd@n|e|h@n@en @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Sep 4 19:41:28 CEST 2019

Well, yes, its the status on the build system which matters.

In your case it looks like you're doing BigWig parsing. Unfortunately, some
of the tools we have for reading BigWig (tracklayer) does not work reliably
on Windows - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. My _guess_ is that
you're running into this.

It would be great to get this fixed, although that is not your package's
issue.  One possible alternative is https://github.com/dpryan79/libBigWig
which Brent Peterson recommends. I don't know if that works on Windows, but
at least its not Kent tools.

Best,
Kasper

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 11:45 AM Venu Thatikonda <thatikonda92 using gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> One of my packages during the review is giving an error in bioc windows
> system. When I build and check from my side in a windows system, there is
> no error.
>
> It's been over a week, not sure what's happening? Should I do something
> from my side?
>
> Bioc issue: https://github.com/Bioconductor/Contributions/issues/1215
>
> Build report:
> http://bioconductor.org/spb_reports/ALPS_buildreport_20190827110407.html
>
> Any update/suggestions would be helpful.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> Best regards
> Venu Thatikonda