[Bioc-devel] BiocManager not installing latest release version of DepecheR

Jakob Theorell j@kob@theore|| @end|ng |rom ndcn@ox@@c@uk
Wed Nov 13 21:59:16 CET 2019

Yes, this sounds like a very good solution. Thank you all for your input, and I hope this silly mistake of mine might have some positive consequence.
Best
Jakob
________________________________
From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Aaron Lun <infinite.monkeys.with.keyboards using gmail.com>
Sent: 13 November 2019 18:56
To: Shepherd, Lori <Lori.Shepherd using roswellpark.org>
Cc: bioc-devel using r-project.org <bioc-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] BiocManager not installing latest release version of DepecheR

Perhaps the installation instructions on each package's landing page
should explicitly specify 'version=3.10' (or whatever happens to be
the latest release) in the install() call. This avoids ambiguities
with using the latest version when the current and previous releases
are on the same version of R.

-A