[Bioc-devel] From Biostring matching to short read mapping

Bhagwat, Aditya Ad|ty@@Bh@gw@t @end|ng |rom mp|-bn@mpg@de
Mon Nov 11 08:56:39 CET 2019

Thank you Wei,

I actually love Rsubread, and use it with much appreciation on RNAseq projects, thank you for its creation :-)

Cheers,

Aditya

________________________________
From: Wei Shi [shi using wehi.edu.au]
Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 12:02 PM
To: Bhagwat, Aditya; Pages, Herve; bioc-devel using r-project.org
Cc: Michael Stadler (michael.stadler using fmi.ch)
Subject: Re: From Biostring matching to short read mapping

Hi Aditya,

Yes you are correct that Subread reports no more than 16 alignments per reads. One reason for this limitation is because subread detects indels in the read (Bowtie does not detect indels) and it has to set a limit on the number of candidate locations being considered due to the computational cost consideration.

Thanks for considering Subread and good luck for your project.

Wei