[Bioc-devel] loading database package changes random number

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed May 22 17:02:26 CEST 2019

I think the problem is that, even if the user were to set.seed(), it will have different consequences depending on whether DelayedArray is already loaded, or not yet loaded. DelayedArray gets loaded in some way that is not transparent to the user, as a dependency-of-a-dependency-of-an annotation package.

I guess an acceptable solution would be for DelayedArray to remember and restore the random number seed before creating a BiocParallel param, with an edge case being that .Random.seed is NULL in a new R session.

Martin