[Bioc-devel] FCBF git push to RELEASE_3_9 was denied

Tiago Lubiana Alves t|@go@|ub|@n@@@|ve@ @end|ng |rom u@p@br
Mon May 6 21:40:36 CEST 2019

Good afternoon,

I am having a problem with a package I submitted (
https://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/FCBF.html).

I broke it and, by the time I managed to fix it, the RELEASE_3_9 was
already going on. I managed to push it upstream to the "master" branch. but
upon hitting $git push upstream upstream/RELEASE_3_9

I got the following error:

Total 0 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: FATAL: W refs/remotes/upstream/RELEASE_3_9 packages/FCBF lubianat
DENIED by fallthru
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/remotes/upstream/RELEASE_3_9
To git.bioconductor.org:packages/FCBF.git
! [remote rejected] upstream/RELEASE_3_9 -> upstream/RELEASE_3_9 (hook
declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git using git.bioconductor.org:
packages/FCBF.git'

I am new to all this, and I was not able to figure out how to solve this
issue by myself. Google pointed out that it might be a server-side hook
blocking my push.

Do you have any suggestions?
Sorry for all the trouble and thanks for your time!
Tiago

Tiago Lubiana
Mestrando em Bioinformática, FCF/USP
*Computational Systems Biology Laboratory (CSBL)*
Telefone (laboratório): +55 (11) 2648-0240
Telefone (pessoal): +55 (11) 954258000