[Bioc-devel] package RBGL requires CRAN dependency on devel branch

Vincent Carey @tvjc @end|ng |rom ch@nn|ng@h@rv@rd@edu
Wed Mar 27 16:05:31 CET 2019

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 9:05 AM Kasper Daniel Hansen <
kasperdanielhansen using gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 1:06 AM Aaron Lun <
> infinite.monkeys.with.keyboards using gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > well, we can't fix this in old branches of Bioc.
> >
> > Sure, but one could say that about breaking changes to any CRAN package.
> > Nothing particularly special about BH on that point.
> >

> Indeed, and this has been my position for a number of years. Having said
> that, dynamic linking / headers in my experience increase the chance of
> breaking and it is usually a kind of breakage which requires substantial
> insight to fix (as opposed to say changing the order / naming of arguments
> in an R function, which is really easy to diagnose even if you know nothing
> about the package).

Definitely.

I started a channel on slack to continue this discussion.   #containers

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the ...{{dropped:18}}