[Bioc-devel] Version of new package

Shepherd, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Wed Mar 13 12:46:38 CET 2019

You can submit and we will probably make an exception if you can show it is already referenced in papers -  what we would recommend is submitting with say 2.99.z  as you describe so that at the next release we bump it to 3.0.0 making a new x version to indicate Bioconductor inclusion.

Cheers,

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Cancer Institute

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263

________________________________
From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Jakob Russel <russel2620 using gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 6:28:37 AM
To: bioc-devel using r-project.org
Subject: [Bioc-devel] Version of new package

Dear all,

I have an R package which I want to submit to Bioconductor. The package is
on GitHub and is in version 2.y.z. Is it possible to not start at version
1.0.0 (or 0.99.z) when submitting the package, but rather from 3.0.0 (or
2.99.z). Restarting the versions would be confusing for those already using
it (also considering that it is cited with version number in a few papers).

Best regards,
Jakob