[Bioc-devel] set.seed and BiocParallel

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Mar 13 10:20:45 CET 2019

Aaron points in the right direction with generating random number streams in the serial part of the program, then sending these to the workers in a consistent way. Use ?nextRNGStream to generate the streams for each replicate, and .Random.seed on the thread. Probably this generates a BiocCheck warning, but so long as the top-level generation of streams on the manager is under control of the user (e.g., there is no need for your function to call `set.seed()`; if the user wants reproducibility they can do that themselves in their own code) this will be ok.

Martin