[Bioc-devel] Fwd: failing package OUTRIDER

Christian Mertes merte@ @end|ng |rom |n@tum@de
Tue Mar 5 16:24:40 CET 2019

Dear Lori,

I checked our package OUTRIDER on the devel branch and I guess that the
error arises from a misconfiguration on the OSX platform. It looks like
a problem with the cairo library/package on the OSX system.

── 1. Error: plotting (@test_plotting.R#9)  ────────────────────────────────────
.onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'Cairo', details:
   call: dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...)
   error: unable to load shared object '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/Cairo/libs/Cairo.so':
   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/Cairo/libs/Cairo.so, 6): Symbol not found: _FcConfigGetCurrent
   Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/Cairo/libs/Cairo.so
   Expected in: flat namespace
  in /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/Cairo/libs/Cairo.so

A detailed error message can be found here:
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/OUTRIDER/merida2-checksrc.html

This same error was already reported in 2015 and fixed pretty fix but
without stating the bugfix:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioc-devel/2015-June/007644.html

And we are also not the only package having the problem:

https://bioc.ism.ac.jp/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/CATALYST/merida2-checksrc.html
https://bioc.ism.ac.jp/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/scde/merida2-checksrc.html
https://bioc.ism.ac.jp/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/singscore/merida2-checksrc.html

Let me know if you need any more information on this and if I can help
solving this.

Best,

Chriss

PS: I also updated the package to remove the warning.

--
*Christian Mertes* | PhD Student / Lab Administrator

*Gagneur Lab* - Computational Genomics
I12 - Department of Informatics
Technical University of Munich
Boltzmannstr. 3, 85748 Garching, Germany

mertes using in.tum.de <mailto:mertes using in.tum.de> | http://gagneurlab.in.tum.de