[Bioc-devel] package test failing due to CSAW

Aaron Lun |n||n|te@monkey@@w|th@keybo@rd@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jun 26 08:12:16 CEST 2019

This behavior has been deprecated since May 18 2018, looking at the Git
logs here:

https://github.com/LTLA/csaw/commits/master/R/scaledAverage.R

I eventually got around to removing it last month, so the deprecation
warning would have existed for 2 release cycles. That's fair game to me.

The reason for this is that filtering in the csaw workflow is usually
done before conversion to a DGEList, so it makes more sense to apply
scaledAverage() on SE objects. In fact, you're *meant* to run it on SE
objects, hence the deprecation of the DGEList inputs

In your case, you have scale=1 so you might as well just call
edgeR::aveLogCPM() directly. scaledAverage() just mimics this function
with some careful scaling of the prior count when scale!=1.

-A