[Bioc-devel] LaTeX errors when creating PDF version [tokay1]

Benjamin Tremblay b2tremb| @end|ng |rom uw@ter|oo@c@
Mon Jun 24 20:05:54 CEST 2019

Hi,

The windows test machine is throwing up an error when compiling the PDF manual:

LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
This typically indicates Rd problems.
LaTeX errors found:
! Package textcomp Error: Symbol \textcurrency not provided by
(textcomp)                font family ptm in TS1 encoding.
(textcomp)                Default family used instead.

See the textcomp package documentation for explanation.

http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/universalmotif/tokay1-checksrc.html

Unfortunately I can’t figure out what’s wrong just from this. I tried running `R CMD Rd2pdf` on my local windows machine and it actually did end up complaining about \`e accents, so I removed those for now. This is did not fix the issue on the test platform though. Is there any way for me know what’s going here? Or for someone from the Bioconductor team to run `R CMD Rd2pdf —no-clean` on the test machine and send me the Rd.tex file?  I’ve double checked that all my files are pure ASCII. Worst case, I can try removing all accents from my references and hope that was the problem..

Thank you,

Benjamin Tremblay