[Bioc-devel] Best practices to load data for vignette/tests

Shepherd, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Thu Jan 24 14:44:11 CET 2019

The transcriptome datasets switched to 2Bit files.  We do provide the updated TwoBitFiles in the annotatiuonhub  (again we have not yet added 95 but do have 94).

> query(hub, c("ensembl", "elegans", "release-94", "2bit"))
AnnotationHub with 4 records
# snapshotDate(): 2019-01-14
# $dataprovider: Ensembl
# $species: Caenorhabditis elegans
# $rdataclass: TwoBitFile
# additional mcols(): taxonomyid, genome, description,
#   coordinate_1_based, maintainer, rdatadateadded, preparerclass, tags,
#   rdatapath, sourceurl, sourcetype
# retrieve records with, e.g., 'object[["AH65579"]]'

            title
  AH65579 | Caenorhabditis_elegans.WBcel235.cdna.all.2bit
  AH65580 | Caenorhabditis_elegans.WBcel235.dna_rm.toplevel.2bit
  AH65581 | Caenorhabditis_elegans.WBcel235.dna_sm.toplevel.2bit
  AH65582 | Caenorhabditis_elegans.WBcel235.ncrna.2bit

Also to get the path of the AnnotationHub downloaded resorurce please use the format

cache(ah["AH50789"])

instead of

ah[["AH50789"]]$path

Cheers,