[Bioc-devel] R CMD check takes too long

Shepherd, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Wed Feb 27 13:56:54 CET 2019

This is probably best asked on the issue itself so your reviewer can chime in and keep track of changes.

It is the length of time to run the entire check that is the check time not just the examples so that is also something to keep in mind.

We would first recommend evaluating any datasets you are using.  Are you using full sets?  Can it be pared down to a smaller subset to decrease run time?  Often a full dataset isn't needed to show functionality.

 I recommend further comments be asked on the submission thread itself.

Cheers

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Cancer Institute