[Bioc-devel] GenVisR Package Failing

Shepherd, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Wed Feb 27 13:46:05 CET 2019

https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#Checking-and-building-packages

I think it needed to be in a `.R` directory too -   `~/.R/check.Renviron`

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Cancer Institute

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263

________________________________
From: Skidmore, Zach <zskidmor using wustl.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 6:10:59 PM
To: Shepherd, Lori; bioc-devel using r-project.org
Subject: Re: GenVisR Package Failing

Got it, thanks for the tip! I've pushed a fix that should resolve this but I have another question.

The only way I could get check.Renviron to load was to either

1. explicitly load the file in R with readRenviron("~/check.Renviron")

2. manually set the R ENV variable with Sys.setenv("R_CHECK_ENVIRON"="~/check.Renviron")

>From the docs on bioc I should have been able to just add export R_CHECK_ENVIRON=~/check.Renviron to my .bashrc and R should have recognized the variable was set however this did not work. I also tried putting the file in /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/etc/ based on what I read here however that did not work either. Any thoughts, I want to avoid having to manually set these variables every time I work on the package?

maybe the easiest thing is to just set these flags in the rstudio config for this project, I see you can do this with --install=value but couldn't find any examples for setting this for a list of parameters and what I tried must have been the wrong syntax

Zach