[Bioc-devel] Warning about the size of git pack file

Vinh Tran tr@n @end|ng |rom b|o@un|-|r@nk|urt@de
Fri Feb 22 20:30:08 CET 2019

Dear all,

I am planning to submit a package into Bioconductor. But BiocCheck() gave a warning about the size of the git pack file:

$warning
[1] "The following files are over 5MB in size: '.git/objects/pack/pack-29a3f2d2d1ed7d701d59dd2ce921229f2b9dab68.pack'"

I tried to use git filter-branch to delete the big files in git history, but the pack file is still almost 25MB. I also tried BFG-Tool to do the same task, but I couldn’t push the changes from BFG to github due the some hidden branches (or deleted/merged git pulls) that denied the commit.

I would like to ask, if it is a serious warning that must be resolved? If yes, could you please suggest me another way to reduce the size of the git pack file?

Secondly, I also got a note from BiocCheck() that I am not listed in the bioc-devel mailing list. But it is unclear to me, because I've already subscribed to both bioc-devel and also the support.bioonductor.org <http://support.bioonductor.org/> using this email (tran using bio.uni-frankfurt.de <mailto:tran using bio.uni-frankfurt.de>). Could anyone check this for me, please?

$note
[1] "Cannot determine whether maintainer is subscribed to the bioc-devel\nmailing list (requires admin credentials).  Subscribe here:\nhttps://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/bioc-devel”

Thanks so much for your help!
Best regards,