[Bioc-devel] Help with Building Package in Rstudio

Margaret Linan m||n@n @end|ng |rom @@u@edu
Sun Feb 3 23:39:03 CET 2019

Hi –

I am trying to build an Bioconductor package and I am using the latest version of RStudio (version info):
> version
               _
platform       x86_64-w64-mingw32
arch           x86_64
os             mingw32
system         x86_64, mingw32
status         Under development (unstable)
major          3
minor          5.0
year           2018
month          03
day            10
svn rev        74380
language       R
version.string R Under development (unstable) (2018-03-10 r74380)
nickname       Unsuffered Consequences

Whenever I start the build test, using Ctrl + Shift + B, I get the following message:

* DONE (PoTRA)
In R CMD INSTALL
WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages but is not currently installed. Please download and install the appropriate version of Rtools before proceeding:

https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/Rtools/

I have the latest Rtools installed in my C: directory, and added the path to its bin folder to the PATH variable.
When I use library(devtools) and then find_rtools() I get TRUE as the response.

However, I keep getting the warning message (see above). What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks,
ML

Sent from Mail for Windows 10