[Bioc-devel] Python package dependency loading problem on malbec1 builder

Pages, Herve hp@ge@ @end|ng |rom |redhutch@org
Sat Dec 28 22:26:39 CET 2019

By default the reticulate package uses the python command that is in the
PATH. On our Linux and Mac builders the python command found in the PATH
points to Python 2. On our Windows builder it points to Python 3.

So on a non-Windows system, you need to tell reticulate to use the
python3 command:

   library(reticulate)

   if (.Platform$OS.type != "windows")
       use_python(Sys.which("python3"), required=TRUE)

Then you can import the phate module:

   import("phate")
   # Module(phate)

Successfully tested on malbec2, tokay2, and celaya2.

Hope this helps,
H.