[Bioc-devel] proposal for additional seqlevelsStyle

Vincent Carey @tvjc @end|ng |rom ch@nn|ng@h@rv@rd@edu
Fri Dec 6 15:03:57 CET 2019

I raised this issue previously with little response.

I'd propose that we add a column or two to genomeStyles()$Homo_sapiens

> head(genomeStyles()$Homo_sapiens, 2)

  circular auto   sex NCBI UCSC dbSNP Ensembl

1    FALSE TRUE FALSE    1 chr1   ch1       1

2    FALSE TRUE FALSE    2 chr2   ch2       2

that includes the values for "NCBI reference sequence names"

See https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/568815581 for one report on chr17,
and

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/assembly/GCF_000001405.39

for a table that includes the Genbank labels.

Should I just file a PR at https://github.com/Bioconductor/GenomeInfoDb/ after
testing?

--
The information in this e-mail is intended only for the ...{{dropped:18}}