[Bioc-devel] Error in Vignette of package

Ioannis Vardaxis |ov@89 @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Sun Dec 1 16:47:08 CET 2019

Thanks for the answer. However replacing it resulted in another error for me:

Quitting from lines 2-41 (MACPET.Rmd)
Error in doc_date() : could not find function "doc_date"
Calls: <Anonymous> ... inline_exec -> hook_eval -> withVisible -> eval -> eval
Execution halted

Should I wait until BiocStyle is updated?

Best,
Ioannis

________________________________
Fra: Martin Morgan <mtmorgan.bioc using gmail.com>
Sendt: søndag 1. desember 2019 11:51
Til: Benjamin Jean-Marie Tremblay <b2tremblay using uwaterloo.ca>; Ioannis Vardaxis <iova89 using hotmail.com>
Kopi: bioc-devel using r-project.org <bioc-devel using r-project.org>
Emne: Re: [Bioc-devel] Error in Vignette of package

Thanks for that insight, we'll try to solve the issue with BiocStyle.

Martin

On 12/1/19, 1:32 AM, "Bioc-devel on behalf of Benjamin Jean-Marie Tremblay" <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org on behalf of b2tremblay using uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

    I’ve been getting the exact same error for compiling the Rmarkdown
    vignettes in my own package. Some partial testing before the weekend
    revealed that in my case the error could be circumvented simply by not
    using

        output: BiocStyle::pdf_document

    but instead

        output: pdf_document

    in the yaml header. I’m not quite sure why, but when BiocStyle is used
    some of the latex code for code highlighting is repeated, leading to the
    'already defined' error. I’ve not updated my package since before this
    error started.

    BT