[Bioc-devel] Problem with non-portable compiler flags on package test

Aaron Lun |n||n|te@monkey@@w|th@keybo@rd@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Apr 13 10:11:47 CEST 2019

To contribute another data point on the use of architecture-specific
compilation settings, see the discussion at:

https://www.mail-archive.com/bioc-devel@r-project.org/msg10525.html

This discrepancy took two months to track down. Two months! During my
holidays! And it wasn't even my fault!

So, if you're putting in architecture-specific flags, (i) it had better
be worth it, and (ii) a few CHECK warnings are and will be the least of
your concerns.

-A