[Bioc-devel] pandoc on celaya2

Pages, Herve hp@ge@ @end|ng |rom |redhutch@org
Mon Apr 8 00:13:33 CEST 2019

Hi package developers,

3 Bioconductor packages (ClusterJudge, KinSwingR, and YAPSA) are currently failing to build on celaya2 because of a pandoc-citeproc error that looks like:

    Error parsing references: Could not read as Int: "October"

See:

  https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.9/bioc-LATEST/ClusterJudge/celaya2-buildsrc.html
  https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.9/bioc-LATEST/KinSwingR/celaya2-buildsrc.html
  https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.9/bioc-LATEST/YAPSA/celaya2-buildsrc.html

This error seems to be due to a change in recent versions of pandoc (we use pandoc 2.5, the latest stable release, on celaya2). With this version, it looks like the month cannot be specified by its name anymore in the references section of a markdown document. For example, this