[Bioc-devel] "vdiffr" package load fail on celaya2

Jurrian de Kanter jurr|@ndek@nter @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Apr 7 18:55:14 CEST 2019

Dear bioc-developers,

I hope I am in the right place here. I did not know where else to ask
my question.
I am new to bioconductor. My package "CHETAH", has just been accepted
two weeks ago.
During the review process, my package failed on the Mac machines
checks, because the package
"vdiffr" that I use to check my plotting functions, fails to load on
these machines. (error at the end of this mail)

My reviewer recognized that this was not something that I could fix,
and accepted my package.
Now, this error also occurred in the build of the development branch,
but the release schedule states that a package has to check
without errors before the release of 3.9.

My question is the following: what can I do or whom should I contact
to fix this? I would like to keep my plotting checks, but if this
doesn't change, I will get rid of those checks.

Thanks in advance for any anwser,

Jurrian de Kanter

The error:

Error: package or namespace load failed for 'vdiffr' in dyn.load(file,
DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
   unable to load shared object
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/gdtools/libs/gdtools.so':
    dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/gdtools/libs/gdtools.so,
6): Symbol not found: _FT_Done_Face
    Referenced from:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/gdtools/libs/gdtools.so
    Expected in: flat namespace
   in /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.6/Resources/library/gdtools/libs/gdtools.so
  Execution halted

Virusvrij.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>