[Bioc-devel] Failing GenVisR package

Obenchain, Valerie V@lerie@Obench@in @ending from Ro@wellP@rk@org
Tue Oct 23 23:23:21 CEST 2018

Hi Zach,

You should not have to add skip_on_bioc().

Confirming system dependencies, the vdiffr package requires FreeType >= 2.6.0 and the Bioconductor 3.8 builder has version 2.6.1. Do you know which font libraries are used?

Did you start seeing these failures around the time of this commit or was that a separate issue?

commit 77866fb2b8d137ce38ea0d47b327fc379c4416e9 (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
Author: Zach Skidmore <zskidmor using genome.wustl.edu><mailto:zskidmor using genome.wustl.edu>
Date:   Thu Oct 11 16:37:33 2018 -0500

    fixed failing test case in lolliplot caused by interpro domains changing

Valerie

On 10/22/18 9:51 AM, Skidmore, Zach wrote:

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice, I maintain the GenVisR package, it is currently failing on malbec1-devel. I use the vdiffr package to perform visual test cases, essentially the package compares the SVG output to a predefined expectation and fails if an anomaly is detected. This worked perfectly until perhaps a month ago, given that the visual test-case fails only on malbec1 I suspect the issue is something small, perhaps malbec1 uses a different font library causing the SVG's to be significantly different.

At any rate I'm looking for any advice on how to:

1) determine what the difference is, normally I would run vdiffr::manage_cases() but obviously that is not possible with the automated build system. Is there a docker image available that corresponds exactly to malbec1?

2) Again I suspect that this is a minor issue given that everything is fine on the other two OS, but I'm trying to figure out the proper course of action to resolve this. I could add a skip_on_bioc() flag for all visual test-cases. I would rather not do that if there is a way to avoid it though.

Thanks for any advice!
Zach