[Bioc-devel] BioC 3.8 build Error

Martin, Patrick C N p@m@rtin @ending from e@@ex@@c@uk
Wed Oct 17 17:20:49 CEST 2018

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will remove that part in the vignette and solve the build error with both of suggestions.

Kind Regards

Patrick

________________________________
From: Vincent Carey <stvjc using channing.harvard.edu>
Sent: 17 October 2018 16:14:56
To: Martin, Patrick C N
Cc: Shepherd, Lori; bioc-devel using r-project.org
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] BioC 3.8 build Error

I also attempted to replicate and I found that one of your serialized data elements (eveLocus)
was a GRanges that needed updateObject

However I would like to raise a question about this:

if(!require("BSgenome.Dmelanogaster.UCSC.dm3", character.only = TRUE)){

    if (!requireNamespace("BiocManager", quietly=TRUE))

        install.packages("BiocManager")

    BiocManager::install("BSgenome.Dmelanogaster.UCSC.dm3")

    }

library(BSgenome.Dmelanogaster.UCSC.dm3)

I think that installing packages in vignettes should be

avoided.  You can put BSgenome.Dmelanogaster.UCSC.dm3 in

Suggests.