[Bioc-devel] Why bioconductor?

Lluís Revilla llui@@revill@ @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Oct 11 09:34:52 CEST 2018

Some people is lost even when and how many updates are and differences
between different packages. See this question for instance (
https://www.biostars.org/p/287871/)
Compared to CRAN or PyPi, which don't have release cycles, Bioconductor
workflow is a bit more complicated to learn.

Related to Bioconductor style there is a issue on lintr to build one for
bioconductor: https://github.com/jimhester/lintr/issues/43
I think that with a few more tweaks to this file (
https://github.com/llrs/customizations/blob/master/.lintr) it could be
ready for the community. Pull requests are welcome.

There is also the styler package (https://github.com/r-lib/styler) which
automatically changes of style according to some rules.
I opened an issue about having Bioconductor style:
https://github.com/r-lib/styler/issues/331 but I couldn't manage to build
one style. It could be interesting to have one too.

Hope this helps