[Bioc-devel] Failure of IPAC package during check on Windows machine

Shepherd, Lori Lori@Shepherd @ending from Ro@wellP@rk@org
Thu Oct 4 18:04:58 CEST 2018

It looks like on today's build report the ERROR has resolved.  Perhaps it was an intermittent connection issue.

What type of file are you downloading from the web and would it change often?  You might consider implementing BiocFileCache to download and cache the file and only update when needed - that way a lost connection would not impact the package as much.

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Cancer Institute

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263

________________________________
From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Gregory Ryslik <gregory.ryslik using yale.edu>
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2018 11:51:03 AM
To: bioc-devel using r-project.org
Subject: [Bioc-devel] Failure of IPAC package during check on Windows machine

Hi,

My package is failing during the check phase on the windows machine both in
devel and on 3.7. Here is a link to the devel branch:
https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.8/bioc/html/iPAC.html

I don't access to a windows machine at the moment to test so I'm not quite
sure what the bug is? The url it requests is there (I checked) and it's
queried through https so there's no redirect issue. Any help would be much
appreciated.

Thank you,
Greg
ᐧ