[Bioc-devel] Questions about some checks in the latest BiocCheck

Vincent Carey @tvjc @ending from ch@nning@h@rv@rd@edu
Wed Nov 28 16:36:40 CET 2018

Can you provide the repo for your package in development?  These BiocCheck
issues are important and
should be resolved at your end.  We can give some advice on how to get
better results with BiocCheck.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 10:34 AM Casper Peters <cp100u using hotmail.com> wrote:

> So in the package I'm developing, I have a few specific use cases that
> make BiocCheck not so happy.
>

> 1:
>

> ```
>
> * WARNING: Avoid class()== or class()!= ; use is() or !is()
>
> ```
>
> So my first problem arises with checking the classes of objects. I want
> the interface to be such that I can allow for case insensitivity and/or
> allow the object to be NULL in some specific cases. This is easier with
> using `class()` explicitly (especially in the case of case sensitivity).
>

> 2:
>

> ```
>
>  * ERROR: At least 80% of man pages documenting exported objects
>       must have runnable examples. The following pages do not:
> ```
>
> The second problem arises because of some of my exported functions. I made
> parser+download functions for the Fantom5 data, as this was not available
> anywhere inside a package yet. Because of the download being big/taking too
> long, I want to avoid running the checks in R CMD check. For this I added
> \dontrun{} at the examples, resulting in BiocCheck not liking this.
>

> Other than that I just have some small notes that I still need to take
> care of, but with these I am not sure what to do.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -Casper

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the ...{{dropped:18}}