[Bioc-devel] R 3.6 Compiling issues, are there any binaries available?

Casper Peters cp100u @ending from hotm@il@com
Wed Nov 21 16:10:30 CET 2018

Hello!

So I am developing an R package for future Bioconductor use, and saw I needed R3.6.

I am having trouble getting the latest snapshot to compile and was wondering if there are any binaries available.

I also posted on the forums; https://support.bioconductor.org/p/115331/

I used the following params to configure the make files;

```

./configure --with-x=no --enable-R-shlib

```

configuration ends correctly, but I then proceed to get the following make error;

```

/usr/bin/ld: CommandLineArgs.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.1' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC CommandLineArgs.o: error adding symbols: Bad value collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

```

This seems to have to do with improperly defined C libraries for 32/64 bit?

I used the tar.gz from the 21st Nov 2018. Downloaded the tar here; https://stat.ethz.ch/R/daily/.

Is there any other snapshot that is known for working properly?

Thanks in advance for any response.

With kind regards,

Casper