[Bioc-devel] 答复: 答复: A little confuse about how to update accepted package

Shepherd, Lori Lori@Shepherd @ending from Ro@wellP@rk@org
Tue Nov 13 13:02:25 CET 2018

Version numbering in devel and release will ALWAYS be different as described

http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/version-numbering/

In a package version   package_x.y.z  -

Y in devel will always be odd and 1 greater than that in release

Y in release will always be even and 1 less than that in devel

When making bug corrections only bump the z -

The process you described is correct

your release version number should be 1.0.z

and the devel should be 1.1.z

The process you described, making changes, and then choosing the separate version number is the correct process, however, keep in mind the release branch should really only be updated when making larger bug corrections and not with development changes/enhancements that should only be in devel.

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Cancer Institute

Elm & Carlton Streets