[Bioc-devel] A little confuse about how to update accepted package

Kasper Daniel Hansen k@@perd@nielh@n@en @ending from gm@il@com
Sat Nov 10 15:16:06 CET 2018

Wenhao,

The night before the release your package was at 0.99.x in the devel branch

At release, two things happened:
  the package was added to the release branch with version 1.0.0
  the package in the devel branch was updated to version 1.1.0

So basically version 0.99.19 == 1.0.0 == 1.1.0. And basically after release
all packages gets bumped two version numbers.  Note that in x.y.z, "y" is
odd = devel, "y" is even = release.

Usually you should not update the release branch (version 1.0.0) unless
there are critical bug fixes.  Any update in the release branch should be
associated with an email to bioc-devel according to project policies
(although this is unfortunately often not done).

Most likely you should just continue working on version 1.1.0

Best,
Kasper