[Bioc-devel] A little confuse about how to update accepted package

Tang, Wenhao wenh@o@t@ng15 @ending from imperi@l@@c@uk
Sat Nov 10 04:16:24 CET 2018

Dear Bioconductor team,

My package bayNorm has recently been accepted, it now has version 1.0.0. Currently I would like to make some changes to it. I look through the tutorials online but I am still very confused. Below is what I have done:

My local repository has version 0.99.19. So I  did the following in my local repository:

  1.  git remote add upstream git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/bayNorm
  2.  git fetch --all
  3.  git checkout master
  4.  git merge origin/master
  5.  git merge upstream/master

Now the local version is 1.1.0 rather than 0.99.19.

Then I just did a small change (in addition, I bump the version to 1.1.1) and then run the following command under the local repository:

  1.  git push upstream master
  2.  git push origin master

Is the above procedure correct? Will I see the package building report like what I have received during the submission process?

Your tutorials are very clear, and I am sorry if my question is too trivial.

Thank you very much!

Best wishes,
Wenhao