[Bioc-devel] BiocManager and local Bioconductor mirror

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@bioc @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Nov 8 13:00:48 CET 2018

Let's continue this on github at https://github.com/Bioconductor/BiocManager/issues/31

On 11/8/18, 6:31 AM, "Martin Morgan" <mtmorgan.bioc using gmail.com> wrote:

    I'm not sure why this does not work.

    The key is BiocManager::repositories(), which determines the repositories where R looks for packages. R choose the first repository where it finds the package (maybe of equivalent version, not exactly sure...). The first argument to repositories() can be a site repository, so

    > BiocManager::repositories("https://ima.repo")
                                            site_repository
                                         "https://ima.repo"
                                                   BioCsoft
               "https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.9/bioc"

    The Bioc repositories themselves are based on getOption("BioC_mirror") and getOption("repos"), so

    > options(BioC_mirror = "https://a.mirror.org")
    > BiocManager::repositories()
                                               BioCsoft
               "https://a.mirror.org/packages/3.9/bioc"
                                                BioCann
    "https://a.mirror.org/packages/3.9/data/annotation"

    These can be file paths; we are just delegating to install.packages().

    It sounds like this doesn't work, somehow for you. Can you elaborate?

    Martin