[Bioc-devel] modify _R_CHECK_FORCE_SUGGESTS_ ?

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@ @ending from fredhutch@org
Mon May 21 18:47:46 CEST 2018

Hi Vivek,

I'd say don't worry about R CMD check failing with the Single Package
Builder on Windows for now. When your package gets accepted, we'll
set _R_CHECK_FORCE_SUGGESTS_ to FALSE on Windows so your package will
be supported on this platform despite having Rsubread in Suggests.

Note that this not unprecedented: we're already doing this for
VariantTools (suggests gmapR, which is no supported on Windows
either) and singleCellTK (suggests Rsubread).

The way we do this is by adding a .BBSoptions file to the package
source tree with the following line in it:

   CHECKprepend.win: set _R_CHECK_FORCE_SUGGESTS_=0&&

Of course, you'll have to make sure that the code in the man pages,
vignettes and unit tests can run without Rsubread being installed.

Cheers,
H.

Hervé Pagès

Program in Computational Biology