[Bioc-devel] Batch Package Submission

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@ @ending from fredhutch@org
Thu May 17 18:20:28 CEST 2018

Hi Paolo,

On 05/17/2018 08:38 AM, Paolo Martini wrote:
> Dear list,
> I am about to submit a new package.
> For my commodity (code reuse across other packages that I have done) I
> split my code into three separate packages: one for general utilities, one
> for task specific to omic data and one specifically for integrating
> multiple omics.
>
> Should I submit the three of them as a batch or individually?

Individually. Since these packages depend on each others, submit
the package that the others depend on first. You might actually
want to wait a little bit and see how the review goes for that
first package before you submit the others. Maybe the review
process of this first package will trigger important changes
to it that will also require significant refactoring of the
other packages. So it seems to me that the overall process might
be smoother if you do one package at a time.

Please also provide links to the other packages (as a comment
in the issue tracker) after you submit the first package. This
will provide some context to the review.

Thanks,
H.

--
Hervé Pagès