[Bioc-devel] Unexpected Warning About Cross-Reference Without Package Specification

Martin Morgan m@rtin@morg@n @ending from ro@wellp@rk@org
Fri May 11 15:54:32 CEST 2018

I'm not really sure about this, but Writing R Extensions says about
these forms of \link that they are seldom needed, except when linking to
"not-yet-installed packages". I think if you were to have installed
limma without first building it (e.g., R CMD INSTALL limma rather than R
CMD INSTALL limma_3.37.1.zip or biocLite("limma")) then the help pages
might not have been indexed, so R doesn't know how to find lmFit.

It's really hard to know without more context.

Martin