[Bioc-devel] limma Suggests:statmod vs Imports:statmod

Ryan Thompson rct @ending from thomp@oncl@n@org
Fri May 11 09:08:07 CEST 2018

Hi Robert,

My understanding is that the "requireNamespace" trick, combined with
listing the package in "Suggests" is the standard way to implement optional
dependencies. Users of limma that never use duplicateCorrelation or other
functions that require statmod will never need to install it.

For more info, see this old post about the same problem:
https://support.bioconductor.org/p/16932/

Regards,

Ryan