[Bioc-devel] BiocInstaller: next generation

Pariksheet Nanda p@rik@heet@n@nd@ @ending from uconn@edu
Thu May 10 07:37:29 CEST 2018

Hi Henrik,

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 1:21 AM, Henrik Bengtsson <
henrik.bengtsson at gmail.com> wrote:

> May I suggest the package name:
>
> * Bioconductor
>
> The potential downside would be possible confusions between the version of
> this package versus the actual Bioconductor repository.  Could the
> Bioconductor *package* have a version  x.y.z that reflects the
*repository*
> x.y version?

This is a nice suggestion that also crossed my mind, but users new to both
R and Bioconductor might think "but I have 'Bioconductor' installed, why
can't I run this script?", and it might complicate web namespace / presence
by entrapping searches for the Bioconductor system to the single package.

> /Henrik

Pariksheet