[Bioc-devel] class name collision in cache: igvR and Gviz

Paul Shannon paul.thurmond.shannon at gmail.com
Fri May 4 19:52:12 CEST 2018

I just discovered a class name collision - AnnotationTrack, in Gviz and my new package igvR.   wish to get wise counsel before proceeding with a fix.  Here’s the error message:

   Found more than one class "AnnotationTrack" in cache;
   using the first, from namespace ‘igvR' Also defined by ‘Gviz’

AnnotationTrack is an abstract base class in my new package igvR.  The concrete derived classes at present are

  DataFrameAnnotationTrack
  GRangesAnnotationTrack
  UCSCBedAnnotationTrack

It would be easy for me to rename AnnotationTrack to “GenomeAnnotationTrack” or even “igvAnnotationTrack”, thereby  avoiding the name clash.

Reasonable?  Fix in both release and devel?

Thanks -

 - Paul