[Bioc-devel] Replacement for CytoscapeWindowClass from devel RCy3

Alex Pico alex.pico at gladstone.ucsf.edu
Sat Mar 31 00:50:15 CEST 2018

Hi Robert,

Indeed, lots of changes being made in this major version bump to RCy3. The goals are to align better with the rapid development of Cytoscape’s REST API. A description of how to “upgrade” existing scripts is provided here:
https://github.com/cytoscape/RCy3/wiki/Upgrading-Existing-Scripts <https://github.com/cytoscape/RCy3/wiki/Upgrading-Existing-Scripts>

In the case you pointed to the upgrade is not too bad (see attached):
 * Replace all instances/references to CyWindow Objects with a simple numeric, the network SUID.
	Note: that even this reference is now optional for all functions, i.e., you can leave it out completely if you know that you are operating on the “current” network in Cytoscape. If you’re not sure, then this is how you specify networks now.
 * Replaced getAllEdgeAttributes with getTableColumns(‘edge’)

That’s it!  If you have any more questions, please ask.
 - Alex