[Bioc-devel] IGV VCF demo, other suggestions? [was Re: IGV - a new package in preparation]

Michael Lawrence lawrence.michael at gene.com
Tue Mar 13 03:29:58 CET 2018

You could look at the rtracklayer API. For example, using gets functions
like track<-() and range<-() to set track and region may be more natural to
R users. Then again, if there were endomorphic functions add_track() and
set_range(), the API would support chaining. There should be no need to
explicitly construct a track; just rely on dispatch and class semantics,
i.e., passing a VCF object to add_track() would create a variant track
automatically.