[Bioc-devel] Update existing packages and change name

Obenchain, Valerie Valerie.Obenchain at RoswellPark.org
Mon Mar 12 20:16:52 CET 2018

Hi,

There is a max file size restriction of <= 5MB for software packages. This information was missing from our package guidelines so I've just added it.

The built tarball for a software package is restricted to <= 4MB so files over 5 MB aren't a good idea. Why so much data in the software package? Since you have the companion data package the larger files should go there. Ideally the software package will just have enough for man pages and small examples/tests.

Valerie