[Bioc-devel] installed, system.file(package="RCyjs") is "/Users/biocbuild/bbs-3.8-bioc/meat/RCyjs.buildbin-libdir/RCyjs"

Paul Shannon p@ul@thurmond@@h@nnon @ending from gm@il@com
Sat Jun 30 00:44:03 CEST 2018

My package RCyjs reads an html/js/css file when the constructor is called, then sends that file to the user’s browser.

The actual path to that file is calculated at global scope in RCyjs-class.R:

   cyjsBrowserFile <- system.file(package="RCyjs", "browserCode", "dist", "rcyjs.html”)

That file cannot be found at runtime.  Using

  options(error=recover)

I can trap that error, finding these two different interpretations of system.file(package=“RCyjs”):

   cyjsBrowserFile:
       "/Users/biocbuild/bbs-3.8-bioc/meat/RCyjs.buildbin-libdir/RCyjs/browserCode/dist/rcyjs.html”
    system.file(package="RCyjs")
      "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.5/Resources/library/RCyjs”

It appears that cyjsBrowserFile is assigned at the build system’s package construction time, not at the package load and use time.

Maybe this is new behavior?   Any suggestions on how to defer the calculation of system.file(package=“RCyjs”) till run time?

Thanks!

 - Paul