[Bioc-devel] BioC 2018 poster / talk / scholarship / workshop application deadline May 17

Pijush Das topiju@h @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Jun 14 09:43:49 CEST 2018

 Dear Shepherd, Lori ,

The DESCRIPTION file is already edited before in github repository but that
time I unable to make the
same changes in Bioconductor repository.

After following your instruction what I have done is given below.

The SSH key is already set in github and Bioconductor repository before. I
hope it will helpful for other.
May be some step are not necessary for such kind of changes, I do not know.
It is just my experiment.

Firstly what I have done that I have downloaded the all content from github
repository by using the command below

$ git clone git using github.com:pijush1285/sigFeature.git

After that I add the description file and commit by using the following
command. This downloading and committing is not
required for this case because I have done the changes in github repository
previously manually. Though I have done it

$ git add DESCRIPTION
$ git commit -m "commit DSCRIPTION"

After that I have puss the Description file in github repository. Some kind
of warning is showing.

$ git push origin master
Warning: Permanently added the RSA host key for IP address '192.30.253.112'
to the list of known hosts.
Everything up-to-date

After that I Configure the “remotes” of my local git repository by using
the command given below.

$ git remote add upstream git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/sigFeature.git

After that I try to puss upstream master by using the command below.

$ git push upstream master
The authenticity of host 'git.bioconductor.org (34.192.48.227)' can't be
established.
ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:nXILc5fVCnDfOID8HgPi+mSufGtr2JMYgnRa1JAQj/Q.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'git.bioconductor.org,34.192.48.227' (ECDSA) to
the list of known hosts.
Counting objects: 3, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.
Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 721 bytes | 721.00 KiB/s, done.
Total 3 (delta 2), reused 1 (delta 0)
To git.bioconductor.org:packages/sigFeature.git
   727af94..8d24bbb  master -> master

But the change is not showing in Bioconductor repository. Will it take time
?

Please inform me if I have taken some wrong step in updating/editing  the
DESCRIPTION
file in Biocnductor repository.

Thank you

regards