[Bioc-devel] ggplot2 update coming on June 25 and how it affects ggbio + other packages

Leonardo Collado Torres lcoll@do @ending from jhu@edu
Wed Jun 6 22:03:37 CEST 2018

Hi,

Two of my Bioconductor packages (regionReport and derfinderPlot) use
ggplot2 via ggbio. Since other packages import/suggest ggbio
http://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/ggbio.html I'm
curious if you've taken a look at the email from Hadley Wickham and
the upcoming update to ggplot2 on June 25.

That email includes:

1. Read about the changes to ggplot2 at
   https://github.com/tidyverse/ggplot2/blob/master/NEWS.md#ggplot2-2219000.
   This page includes a list of breaking changes, the reasoning behind
   them, and to how to update your code.

2. Carefully inspect the failing checks listed at the bottom of this email.

I'm not sure if some of these issues are actually from ggbio or maybe
from my own code. If you think that they are on my end, please let me
know (like if you know that ggbio runs well with the new ggplot2).

Since it might be helpful for ggbio maintainers, I'm including my
check results from Hadley at the end of this email.

Best,
Leo

## regionReport https://github.com/leekgroup/regionReport

*   checking examples ... ERROR