[Bioc-devel] BiocManager now on CRAN

Marcel Ramos m@rcel@r@mo@perez @ending from ro@wellp@rk@org
Thu Jul 26 21:07:48 CEST 2018

Hi Leo,

Thanks for bringing that up and making those changes.
We wanted to emphasize software packages first and then address experiment
data and workflow packages since they are fewer anyhow.

I will be adding those as additional files in the gist.

To update experiment data packages, the commands are the same as if
you were updating a software package.

I will check with the rest of the team about modifying workflow packages
so watch this space.

Regards,

Marcel

PS. See short reponse below.

On 07/24/2018 03:15 PM, Leonardo Collado Torres wrote:
> Hi Marcel,
>
> I noticed that https://gist.github.com/LiNk-NY/44cc844a169d5d96c777a69037dae653
> doesn't include the experiment data and workflow packages. I updated
> mine preemptively (derfinderData and recountWorkflow).
>
> By the way, how do I sync experiment data package updates? I forgot
> how to do so. Maybe it's only via svn. I checked
> http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/ and the commit in
> question is https://github.com/leekgroup/derfinderData/commit/cc0a295a730f8f19a429f28c7b327ee15ccd1e81.
> Last time I did it was in 2015.
>
> Also, I suggest changing your grep command to:
>
> grep -rnE "biocLite|biocValid" *
>
> that way you can include biocValid() calls which now should be
> BiocManager::valid(). I had included several of them in my package
> vignettes.
I've checked on this and the packages that use `biocValid` intersect with
those that use `BiocInstaller|biocLite`. Thanks.