[Bioc-devel] Vignettes location in BiocCheck vs R CMD check

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Mon Jan 29 20:47:26 CET 2018

On 01/29/2018 02:41 PM, Armen Abnousi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to submit my first package. but I'm confused about the location
> of the vignettes in my submitted package. It seems like BiocCheck is
> expecting the vignettes to go in <packagename>/vignettes directory but R
> 3.2+ expects them to go in <packagename>/inst/doc directory. Wherever I put
> them, one of the checks complains about their location. Can't put them in
> both directories either.

For Bioconductor, only include the _source_ of your vignette. Include
the source in the vignettes/ directory.

When your package is configured correctly, R CMD build <YourPackage>
will build your vignette and create the inst/doc/ tree containing the
built vignette products. R CMD check <YourPackage>.tar.gz will check the
built product, and be happy.

There might be complaints if, for instance, your vignette is not
configured correctly, so R CMD build does not build it.

Martin